Friday, April 23, 2010

after surgery....

So my surgery was today. They found endometriosis, and were able to remove it all. He did say that it will more than likely come back but at least for now it's gone. He also discovered that both my tubes were collapsed pretty severe, but thankfully he was able to open them back up. We're not sure what caused that or if it was from the miscarriage I had but we'll ask him that question when we go back in 2 weeks. Right now I'm feeling pretty good. Just a little drowsy. And my throat is KILLING me from the breathing tube they had to put in. It feels like someone took a knife and just scraped it down my throat. But they said it was normal so hopefully it will go away.  I'm also now starting to feel the holes in my stomach so I just took some pain med. (which I hate b/c I hate feeling drugged up...but I don't want the pain to get too severe)

The whole procedure went by so fast. I remember laying on the table, watching her put the meds in my IV. Then the student doctor came in that is working with Dr Antonetti, to make sure I was comfortable. I remember my eyes getting heavy and trying so hard to keep them open, then I remember talking to God...that's about it. Next thing I know I hear my name being called and being rolled into the post op room. I started coughing real bad, and I heard someone say, "uh oh do we have a smoker" and I wanted to so bad to say "No way! I haven't smoked in a year!" but couldn't talk. Then I heard someone else say, "no she had complications from her breathing tube" So at least someone stood up for me! I am so glad I don't smoke anymore...Praise God. Tim even said it seemed like he just opened his book to read when the doc was coming back out to tell him everything. The good news is that he said our most fertile time will be in the next 3-5 months and we should be pregnant by then!! wohoo!!! Tim said he sounded very positive about this so keep your prayers coming! Anyways....thanks for all the prayers..God is definitely our comfortor and saving grace and he rained down on me today in that operating room. I'm so glad that something was found and was fixable. Not that I wanted to have endo. but thankful that we now have an answer to all our questions!

I also am so blessed that we have such great friends...so many people called to check on me and Sarah brought us dinner tonight from Panera! Yummy!! So thank you all for the prayers and love! We love you too!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

God is in control and He is going to bless you immensely!! We love you guys and WE are the blessed ones to have YOU as friends!! <3

MWelling said...

I was wondering what kind of surgery you were having. One thing I really miss about not being down there are my friends' lives. I'm glad this turned out well for you. I will surely keep you in my prayers. Miss you and love you lots!!!

Emily Ley said...

I am so glad to hear you're doing well and that they were able to identify problems and fix them! Praying for you guys always. Beware the giant bubble about to move into your shoulders. Take those pain meds :) xoxo

Followers