Friday, April 06, 2007

*update*


Its been almost 2 months since the outbreak with the family. Things have gotten so much calmer around the house. Tim stays with me every night...I still have nightmares on occasion (basically just about loosing those close to me) so having him there really helps. My mom's mentioned about half a dozen times that he should just move his stuff in. And I'm sure if there was enough room in my closet for his stuff, he would. My mom stays gone almost every night...basically just to keep my brother calm. Since the car incident, I've had to take him just about everywhere...which is really only work and school. Man, this makes me realize how much I do NOT miss highschool. I thought getting to work at 7:30 was early, I forgot how hard it is to get to Tate by 7:00. Whew! It's rough! It's nice to have a boss who's close enough to being my step dad, I've been late almost every morning for the past 2 weeks simply b/c the traffic on hwy 29 is CRAZY at 7:15 in the morning. My brother has done a 150 degree turn around. Him and I have actually had nights where we would just sit and talk and laugh until we were both delirious from lack of sleep. There was one night in particular when he told me that he was scared to lose me....more than anyone else in his life. That's when it hit me that I'm his support. I have to be there for him, because he depends on me. No matter how mean he is or how hard things have been...I have to forgive him. It was that night that my brother (all 6'8") walked up to me, wrapped his arms around me, and just cried. When I crawled into bed with Tim around 3:00 that morning, Tim wrapped his arms around me and whispered in my ear.."that is how I know you are the most special woman in the world" It's amazing just how Magnificent God is. He knows exactly how much suffering to put us through just so we can see exactly where we need to be. That night Tyler told me to pray for him. Which I did. We did. Just looking back on it puts chills through my body.

Thank you girls so much for all the prayers through the past few months. I know we don't all talk on an everyday basis, but when I get on here and see that you have left such sweet words...It means more to me than you could ever know. I love you all so much!!!!

2 comments:

The Leys said...

I loved reading this little post. God provides for us no matter what--even when its hard to see what He's doing at all. That picture is the cutest!

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

aww, brandi. You and your brother have such an amazing relationship. I love hearing you write about your love for him and Tim and your mom..you have such a huge heart and I know God is going to bless you soo much in your life. I will be praying for your brother as well!!!

Followers